The SKODA Granfondo Hibernia is a new cycling sportive that forms part of the newly expanded series of events delivered in partnership with SKODA across Ireland.
The event will be delivered to the same standard as the SKODA Tour de Conamara and is hosted in Ennis, Co. Clare on the August Bank Holiday Sunday 31st July. The event will provide two route options for cyclists – the Granfondo 150km and the Granfondo 100km. Registration opens on Monday 28th March 2016.
The SKODA Granfondo Hibernia sportive routes include the best of what Clare has to offer cyclists and visitors. Cyclists will cruise along the Wild Atlantic Way, travel through the international tourism award winning Loop Head peninsula and homeward by the beautiful Shannon Estuary waters. The event takes in some of Clare’s best known local cycling landmarks. A grandstand SKODA finish will be waiting for cyclists in Ennis and the renowned Clare welcome.
Cyclists who register before July 15th will receive an exclusive SKODA Celtic Series event goodie pack with event gifts produced exclusively for the first year of the SKODA Granfondo Hibernia.
Registered cyclists will receive;
– SKODA Granfondo Hibernia Event pack with exclusive cycling giveaways for all cyclists that will include a specially Italian designed and manufactured Granfondo cycling cap and a Granfondo Hibernia ‘be seen on the road’ high visibility cycling vest (RRP €25) (*subject to registering by July 15th)
– ‘Mugs not Medals’ – specially commissioned commemorative Granfondo Hibernia Mug for all finishers – every cyclist will want one.
– Top quality feed stations along with Refueling and Energy Stops on the route. Three on the 150km route and two on the 100km route.
– On route supports.
– Bike mechanics to support you before the event and post event masseuses to cure the aches and pains after the event.
– Entry to a series of draws for some great exclusive cycling prizes – earlier entry means entry to more draws. – Option to participate in the SKODA Strava Segments event.
There is a maximum number of places available for the event so early registration is advised. The first event in the 2016 SKODA Celtic Cycling Series (Tour de Conamara) sold out after 46 days so register early to avoid disappointment.