The ŠKODA Tour de Conamara 2023 will be held on Saturday 27th May 2023 starting and finishing in Clifden, Connemara. The event offers participants the choice of 140km or 80km routes and brings cyclists along some of the finest coastal, lakelands, valleys and mountain landscape in Ireland.
The 2023 event is now sold out. No Additional places will be made available and we do not operate a waiting list.
Some Updates if you have registered for the 2023 event.
Cyclists can now make a change to their registration through their Eventmaster account. (i.e. change the event distance they are taking part in i.e. moving from 80km to 140km event). All you need to do is logon to your Eventmaster account and make the switch.
If you want to add the event cycling jersey to your registration you follow the same process and simply add purchase. This can be done up to the 14th February. Remember what you order is what we order for you.
Transfers will be accommodated until May 1st and will close off after that date. This must be done through your Eventmaster account also. We do not operate a waiting list and all transfers must be arranged between cyclists.
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS / DEFERRALS
As part of the event registration process and included in the event ‘terms and conditions’ there are no refunds or deferrals. We do provide the opportunity transfer places between. This year the option to transfer a place in the event closes on May 1st 2023. Every cyclist who registers has access to their own Eventmaster ticket account to transfer tickets. It is cyclists own responsibility to manage and monitor this account.
This year you also have an option to purchase an event event jersey with your registration. The jersey you order is the jersey we order so no exchanges are posssible. See our news sections for jersey design and sizing chart.
EVENT ENTRY FEE
The cost of entry to the 2023 ŠKODA Tour de Conamara is €55.00. The registration fee includes event participation, ŠKODA Cycling gift, full event back up, feed stations and refuel points, on route mechanical supports, specially commissioned finishers medal, post event massage and finishers BBQ. If you are not a member of Cycling Ireland you must purchase a one day licence for €10.
EVENT SIGN ON
There will be three options for participants to sign on for the event. At sign on you will receive your event jersey and event ID. You must display your event id to gain access to the feed stations and avail of on route supports. You will need your event wristband to get the BBQ at the end of the event.
Sign On – The Night Before – Friday 26th May
Galway City – Between 4.00pm and 7.30pm at Monaghan’s ŠKODA garage on the Tuam Road, Galway City
Clifden – Between 4.00pm and 9.00pm at the event office directly beside the Clifden Station House Hotel
Sign On – The Day of the Event. Saturday 27th May
Event sign on starts at 7.30am on the morning of the event. The event office is located in the Hotel Theatre directly beside the Clifden Station House Hotel.
NB: The ŠKODA Tour de Conamara is not a closed road event and you must adhere to the normal rules of the road.
• Cycling on the route is maximum of two a breast.
• The event is a sportive and not a race and you are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others on the road.
• Your will receive an event map and key safety details at event sign on.
• The routes selected for the ŠKODA Tour de Conamara are generally quiet roads but you will encounter some main road junctions. Be please aware of traffic on all roads.
• ŠKODA marked directional signs will be placed throughout the route and marshals will be evident throughout the route. Please remember marshals are only there to assist. You must check for oncoming traffic at all junctions
• All participants will be provided with an emergency contact number in the case of an emergency on the route. Please note this is not a number for bike repairs.
• You are responsible for taking part in the event on a safe and suitable bike. Participants are responsible for their own bike maintenance. There is limited mechanical support system will be in place and will sweep throughout the route. Don’t ruin your enjoyment of your day by turning up on a bike that has not been checked.
• Please ensure you have spare tubes in the event of a puncture and do not rely on the emergency number for help with changing punctures etc.
• No earphones permitted
• No tri bars permitted
If you register for the 140km you cannot access the 80km feed station which is only stocked with refreshments for those who registered for the 80km. Carna is the first dedicated food stop for the 140km which comes 10km after the Cashel feed station.
140km FEED STATIONS:
The feed stations for the 140km route are located at
1. Carna Community Centre (at 50km)
2. Maam Valley Community Centre (at 90km)
*Please note Cyclists on the 140km will not be able to access the 80km feed station which caters for the numbers registered on the 80km event. Please support our event marshals by not trying to access feed stations that are not created for your cycle.
80km FEED STATIONS:
The feed station for the 80km route is located at the Cashel Community Centre (located at 39km)
We recommend you also bring also your own supply of cycling gels, bars and drinks.
Ambulances and roving paramedics will be available all day, should anyone require medical assistance it will be administered in the fastest possible time-frame. Please call the emergency contact number provided on the day for medical emergencies.
The 140km and 80km routes are marked out with distinctive ŠKODA directional signage.
WHAT TO BRING:
Your bike must be in good working order to cycle either the 140km or 80km routes
– Water bottle (s)
– Spare tubes and a Puncture repair kit
– Mobile phone with credit
– Emergency money & ID
– Energy snacks
– Wind / Rainproof top – Participants must be aware that weather conditions in this area can change and you should bring appropriate clothing to keep warm in any adverse weather.
– Sunblock – we hope you will need plenty of this.
AFTER THE EVENT
After you cross the finish line you will receive your well earned 2023 ŠKODA Tour de Conamara finishers medal. There will be a presentation area for some pictures and this year you will receive a well earned BBQ at the ŠKODA BBQ pit. You will have to present your event wristband in order to claim your well earned burger. No ID band, no burger. (One burger per cyclist) Vegan and Vegetarian options will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: All participants should be aware that event photography will be taken throughout the route and used in social media and event promotion.
Showers will be provided at Clifden GAA Clubhouse and at the Clifden Station House Hotel.
Please be aware that these facilities have a maximum capacity and you may be directed to one or other.