1. The event is open to cyclists of 18 years of age and over.
2. Each entrant must register for the event through the online booking system.
3. Once you have entered no refunds or credits can be offered for cancellations or no shows for the event. All fees and associated costs, paid in registration for the Tour de Conamara are non-refundable under any circumstances, including but not limited to injury and /or scheduling conflicts.
4. While there are some rolling closures in place it is not a closed road event. It is essential that all cyclists adhere to the rules of the road as there will be some level of traffic on the route.
5. The event is not a closed road event and you must observe the rules of the road. While we take care to make the Event as safe as possible, we cannot remove risks and dangers to participants and observers and, accordingly, you participate or observe at your own risk. It is requested that all cyclists ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time.
6. Please be aware of other cyclists and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety on the road
7. No Helmet, No Cycle.
8. Cyclists must ensure that their bicycle is road worthy and that their brakes are in good working order. There is no provision for on course technical support.
9. The event operates under a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please bring your litter home with you.
10. You are entering the event entirely at your own risk and you must ensure that you are physically capable of completing the event. If you are taking up a new exercise routine please consult your GP in advance of the event.
11. Cyclists must understand that the Event will involve prolonged strenuous activity and that I need to achieve an appropriate level of fitness in order to participate. Before the start of the Event, if you have any concerns whatsoever about your physical fitness or health, or any medical conditions that may affect your safe participation, you will consult your Doctor.
12. By registering you are declaring you are physically fit to take part and I hereby assume all the risks of participating in the Event.
13. The event free gift of a Gillet is ordered based on the sizing received through the registration process. You will receive the gillet based on the size you ordered. In the event that your gillet sizing is wrongly ordered we can only consider an alternative sized gillet if gillets become available from other cyclists.
14. By registering participants acknowledge that they take part in the Tour de Conamara 2017 (‘the Event’) and all functions and events related thereto entirely at their own risk.
15. By registering participants agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations and FAQ/Guidelines, which I understand, may change from time to time and be posted on the web site www.tourdeconamara.ie or social media managed by the event.
16. It is possible to transfer entry to another person up to 10 days prior to event date. This can be done through your eventmaster account and an admin fee will be charged to facilitate this transfer between cyclists.